With the changing of seasons, you might think that you are susceptible to the number of viruses going around, but there are ways to fight them off using home remedies. Though you do need to be mindful of your surroundings and try to stay free of the germs as much as possible in terms of prevention, so you can protect yourself even if you come into contact.
If you want to get to the heart of the issue and really work to fight off the virus or any germs associated with it, then you can use some of these natural remedies.
These Household Items Pack a Punch Towards Fighting Off Germs
You may not realize just how effective these remedies can be, but it’s time to understand the truth. As so many of us work towards a healthy, organic, and whole balanced lifestyle turning to natural methods and real ingredients are what we must do. These are easy enough to utilize and can be part of your daily menu and routine without much thought.
So here’s the list of the best home remedies that can help to boost your immune system and keep you healthy and strong during the harshest time of the year.
• Garlic: This is by far one of the most potent home remedies to fight off just about anything. Garlic has natural antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties which means that naturally it fights off just about any potentially harmful substance you come into contact with. If you can chop garlic and eat it raw then that’s best. If however that’s too harsh for you then simply sautéing it in olive oil can be effective too.
• Onions: The same sort of properties that make garlic so effective hold true for onions. They can easily be added to just about any dish and help to boost the immune system, keeping you healthiest when you really need it.
• Honey: Many turn to honey when they have a cough, and it can work well for that. What a lot of people don’t realize though is that honey has its own antiviral properties and can work well for a host of other issues. The very best honey is that which is locally grown and organic as it can help your body to fight off any allergens it comes into contact with.
• Cinnamon: Cinnamon goes hand in hand with honey as they work well as complements to each other. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties and should be taken if you have come into contact with anything. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help with other medical issues. Try a spoonful of honey with cinnamon at the first sign of a cough.
• Ginger: This is your go to remedy if you have any tummy troubles at all. Ginger can help with viruses, but its best with the stomach bug specifically. Ginger can help to settle nausea, stomach discomfort, and even calm down vomiting and diarrhea. Keep it on hand even if you come into contact with a stomach bug as a prevention method. To really increase the effectiveness mix in some fresh mint with the ginger to make it best.
• Lemon: Lemon is like the glue that holds it all together. Lemon can help to complement any of these remedies or work well on its own. Squeezing it into hot water can settle an upset stomach. Lemon can also be squeezed into a cup of green tea for a healthy serving of antioxidants. The key is to use it often and to add it into everything to get the most out of it. This is how you stay healthy even during the worst time of year and keep that immune system going strong!